Go Sox!

IMG_0301 This is a pair of Boxers I made for the 'Fighting for a Cure' display for the Thimble Pleasures Quilt Guild show. Donations at the display went to Prostate cancer research. The title was, "Only in Baseball can a man with four balls walk." I dedicated them to my father who is a Prostate cancer survivor (and unfortunately a Yankees fan).

Last fall I found the pattern, 1st Choice Boxers by Timber Lane Press and made a test pair for Peter. They came out great and the pattern is really nice. I don't have a serger and this pattern uses flat felled seams so the boxers are beautifully finished with no raw edges (which is not the case with your standard Butterick pattern).

I was so elated with the results that I decided that all the men in our families were going to get a pair from Christmas. (Why do I do these things to myself?) I briefly (ahem) considered whether this type of gift was appropriate, then said, sure, what the heck. Had so much fun finding silly fabrics for all the recipients - like baseballs, candy canes, hot peppers, skulls, military - good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment