The Penguin Bag

Flickr Photo

I made this bag in a class given by Kathleen Murphy. She did a great job teaching it, we had a great time and got plenty of great bagmaking tips. Love the inside with all those great pockets. I also went to the hardware store and had them cut me a piece of plexiglass for the bottom so that it will sit up nicely.

I got that cute penguin fabric on my trip out to California at an awesome store in San Francisco called Britex Fabrics. This is a Japanese imported fabric made by Kokko (same fabric maker as the pig hat). Such a great combo - orange, polka dots, stripes, and penguins - how can you beat that? That big wooden button (carved in Africa I think) is from The Button Box in Wellesley, MA.


Flickr Photo

1 comment:

  1. Hey June!

    Great bag/blog! It was fun seeing you at the workshop. I am looking forward to making my wallet, I am going to pick out my fabrics for it later today... see you soon.

    ReplyDelete